If you are not satisfied with your purchase, simply return it in its original condition, along with the original receipt, to any Big 5 Sporting Goods Store for an exchange or refund, subject to the terms and conditions below. This Return Policy does not apply to all items. Please see our In-Store Return Exceptions Policy for exceptions and more details, including returns of bats, firearms, and air mattresses.
Returns with a Receipt
- Valid photo identification is requested for all returns and exchanges.
- A refund will be issued in the same tender as the original purchase. Credit card purchases will be returned to the same credit card used to make the purchase. Please have the card available.
Returns without a Receipt
- Valid photo identification is required for all returns and exchanges without a receipt.
- Returns without a receipt may receive a non-transferable store credit, but will not receive a refund.
- The amount of credit issued will be at the last sale or marked down price.
Returns Involving a Gift Receipt, Store Credit, Ticket to Shop or Merchandise Voucher
A non-transferable store credit, but not a refund, may be issued for all returns involving a gift receipt, Store Credit, Ticket to Shop, Merchandise Voucher or certain other scrip.
Returns of Online Purchases
- Items purchased online from Big 5 may be returned at any Big 5 store with the original packing slip.
- Credit will be returned to the same credit card used to make the online purchase. Please have the card available in-store at the time of return.
- Products returned to stores with the accompanying packing slip that were purchased using an online payment service (PayPal or VisaCheckout) will be refunded as cash.
- Please note that shipping charges paid for delivery of your package are not refunded as part of your return.
Please Keep Your Receipt!
If we fail to offer you a receipt, or if the total does not match the amount you paid, please ask to see the manager on duty before you leave.
To the extent permitted by law, information from your photo I.D. may be recorded at the time of return and retained in a database of customer return activity that is used in connection with authorizing returns.
Payment by Credit Card
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover or JCB Card accepted.
- Card must be presented in store by the cardholder named on the card. Valid identification is required if your card is not signed
- Valid identification is required if your card is not signed.
- If your credit card is not captured in our system electronically, alternate payment must be provided.
Payment by Gift Card, Store Credit, Ticket to Shop or Merchandise Voucher
Payment by gift card, Store Credit, Ticket to Shop, Merchandise Voucher or other scrip requires validation of the available balance.
Payment by Cash
We accept United States currency only in denominations of $100.00 or less.
Payment by Personal Check
- Personal Check made payable to: Big 5 Sporting Goods.
- Check must be written for the exact amount of the transaction.
- Pre-printed with your name & street address. Note: P.O. Boxes are not accepted.
- Valid Identification. The check writer's phone number with area code and identification number must be recorded at the POS Terminal
- Must be approved by Electronic Check Authorization through our third party check service. Checks approved for paper deposit will not be accepted.
We do not accept money orders, pre-dated, post-dated or third party checks. Returned checks are subject to a service charge. No “cash-back” transactions.
Payment by Traveler’s Check
- Made payable to: Big 5 Sporting Goods.
- $100.00 denomination or less in U.S. dollars.
- Previously signed and then countersigned in the presence of our cashier or manager.
- Identification must be presented to and verified by a manager.
- Traveler’s checks are subject to validation.
Acceptable Identification for all Transactions Include a Current/Valid U.S.:
- Pictured Driver’s License
- Pictured State I.D. Card
- Active Duty Military I.D.
- Passport (for Traveler’s Checks only)